Growing and running a home inspection business is tough. It doesn't matter if you're an established full-time inspector, a brand new/part-time inspector, or even if you're running a multi-inspector firm. We all end up having the same struggles.
There are just so many moving parts involved in scheduling, performing, and finally delivering a home inspection report. It's way too easy for something to slip through the cracks. Even a small mistake can increase your liability, cost you money, and even damage your professional image.
Imagine booking your inspections on the first call from a prospective client because you have all the information you need at your fingertips. Then, once you have confirmed the job, Autopilot takes care of the rest. Reminder messages are sent out with calendar links, agreements are signed and most of your invoices even get paid before you get to the job. How incredible would that be?
We've taken all the best practices that we've learned over our twenty plus years building and running home inspection companies and put them into Tap Inspect Autopilot so you can just set it and forget it.
What is Tap Inspect Autopilot
For a quick start of what Autopilot can do and how to get started, check out our webinar on Getting to Know Autopilot.
Autopilot is a set of scheduling and automation features that let you present a professional image without costing tons of money or being too complicated to set up or change. You can use all the features or only enable the features you want.
- The no hassle scheduling and price estimating feature uses the Services you provide and lets you bid and book a job for a client immediately, right when you're on the phone.
- The Client Portal and customizable automated Messaging gives you a professional image and keeps everyone up-to-date and notified about the status of the inspection process.
- Agreements and the E-Sign sign feature makes sure that your clients sign your agreement electronically before they can view the report
- Automatic Invoicing can be set to require payment before anyone can view the report and also calculate and add sales tax when required in you area.
- Tap Inspect Payments gives your clients the ability to pay online, often even before you do the job.
Getting Started with Autopilot
It couldn't be easier to get started. We've set most of it up for you and are here to help guide you through four simple steps to get you up and running.
- Step 1: Complete Your User and Company Profiles
- Step 2: Take the Autopilot Quick Tour
- Step 3: Setup Your First Service
- Step 4: Next Steps to Customize Autopilot
Once you have completed these steps you will have a good idea of how Autopilot works and what your clients and agents can expect. Then you can dig deeper into each of the features to further customize your Autopilot to fit your business.
Let's get started with Step 1: Complete Your User and Company Profiles.