When a report checklist element is no longer needed it can be deleted and removed. Deleting a checklist element like a section or an item from a template or a report is a permanent operation. There is no way to un-delete an element.
As a best practice there is virtually reason a checklist element would need to be deleted from a report. Hiding the report checklist element is the preferred method from not displaying an element in the customer facing report. This article describes the operation in a template.
WARNING: Deleting a section will also delete all subsections and items inside the section.
To delete a report checklist element follow these steps.
- Tap the '+' to open the Choose Template screen.
- Tap Edit in the upper right corner.
- Tap the template with the report checklist element you want to delete.
- Tap on the report checklist element you want to delete.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the red button to Delete Section or Delete Item.
- When challenged to Permanently Delete? tap Yes.
The report checklist element is deleted and you will taken back to the next higher level in the checklist hierarchy.