Once you have installed the Tap Inspect mobile app with at least version 6.0, has been installed on every device associated with your Team, you may be eligible to upgrade to the new app experience.
Please Note: Once the Team has been upgraded to the new experience, every team member will also have the new app experience.
As a best practice, before starting the upgrade, be sure to publish any reports that are in progress and manually synchronize the app to make sure all your data has been pushed to your web account before upgrading.
You will also want to be on wifi and not have any immediate appointments. If something goes wrong, you do not need the extra stress of a time constraint.
Follow these steps to upgrade to the modern app experience.
- Notify Tap Inspect via email@example.com that all your devices are running at least iOS 13 and that Tap Inspect version 6.0 or greater, has been installed on each.
- We will flip a switch on your Team account to make you eligible to upgrade and reply to your request.
- The next time your device synchronizes, you will see a notification that a new user experience is available and a new button. Tap Learn More.
- You will see a short overview of the new app features. Tap Switch My Account Now.
- You are notified that your account has been upgraded. Tap Continue.
- The app may restart, and you will see the Jobs Dashboard view of the modern experience.
This short video shows the process of upgrading your Team to the new app experience.
The mobile app will lazily synchronize all your old data. Be patient. Everything may not be immediately available. This is why the best practice is to be on wifi and not have any immediate appointments.
Take some time to explore the new experience and open a few of your older reports. Any new reports that you share or update from this point on will use the HTML report format.