Services allow you to automate many of the aspects of scheduling, creating, and sharing jobs in Tap Inspect. You can set up your account so that when you add a service to a job it automatically:
- Creates one or more reports based on the templates you specify
- Builds an invoice for the client and calculates the price
- Attaches the appropriate Agreements and requests signature
- Blocks out the appropriate amount of time on your calendar
As a rule of thumb, create separate services for:
- Work that you perform that generates a report. If you switch between multiple templates based on the work you are performing, create separate services for each situation.
- Situations where you might calculate your prices differently for the same work, i.e. a standalone residence versus a condo
- Anything else that you want to appear as a line item on your invoices. A service can be as simple as a travel fee you occasionally charge.
Define the basic information for this service.
If you would like a specific amount of time to be blocked out on your calendar when scheduling this service, you may optionally set an appointment duration here. If you are scheduling a job with multiple services, the appointment durations for each service will be added together.
If you would like reports to automatically be created when this service is added to a job, select which templates to use here.
If you would like agreements to automatically be created when this service is added to a job, select which agreements to use here.
If you charge a flat fee for this service, simply enter that amount as the base price.
If the price of this service varies depending on some aspect of the job (such as the square footage of the property), add a fee to help you calculate the price automatically.
If Enable Sales Taxes has been activated in the Invoice settings this section will appear.
If taxes should be applied when charging for this service, turn this switch on.
If you would like specific tax rates to automatically be applied when this service is added to a job, select which tax rates to use here. This is useful when you perform jobs in multiple geographic areas that have different tax rates.
If you always charge the same tax rates for every job, don't associate any tax rates here and instead set the appropriate tax rates as defaults on the invoicing settings page