Once Tap Inspect 6.0 has been installed on every device associated with your Team, and you have verified your account is eligible to upgrade to the new experience you are ready to upgrade.
Please Note: Once the Team has been upgraded to the new experience, every team member will also have the new app experience.
As a best practice, before starting the upgrade, be sure to publish any reports that are in progress and manually synchronize the app to make sure all your data has been pushed to the server before upgrading.
You will also want to be on wifi and not have any immediate appointments. If something goes wrong you do not need the extra stress of a time constraint.
To upgrade your Team to the new app experience follow these steps.
- Notify Tap Inspect via firstname.lastname@example.org that you want to upgrade to the new experience and you have verified your account is eligible.
- We will flip a switch on your Tap Inspect account to make you eligible to upgrade and reply to your request.
- The next time your device synchronizes you will see a notification that a new user experience is available and a new button. Tap Learn More.
- You will see a short overview of the new app features. Tap Switch My Account Now.
- You are notified that your account has been upgraded. Tap Continue.
- The app may restart and you will see the calendar view of the new app.
This short video show the process to upgrade your Team to the new app experience.
The mobile app will lazily synchronize all your old data. Be patient. Everything may not be immediately available. This is why the best practice is to be on wifi and to not have any immediate appointments.
You can now move on with Step 3 to explore the new app experience and features.