Before you can upgrade your account to the new experience you must meet a few minimum requirements. This article explains how to verify that your account meets these requirements.
Verify iOS Version on Your Device(s)
The simplest way to determine you iOS version is by following these steps.
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Tap General and then About.
- The iOS version on this device is displayed after Software Version.
If your software version is below version 13.0 you will need to update to a higher version.
Repeat this process on each device you use with your Tap Inspect account.
Keep in mind that devices older than the iPhone 6s, iPad Air 2, or iPad mini 3 may not be able to update to the required iOS version. If this is the case you will need to upgrade your hardware or retire those devices from using Tap Inspect.
Verify all Active Devices Have Tap Inspect 6.0+ Installed.
You can verify what version of Tap Inspect a device is running by following these steps.
1. Open the Tap Inspect on the device.
2. Navigate to Help & Support
3. Tap Contact Support to open an email.
4. The email will display the current version of Tap Inspect you current have installed.
To update the mobile app on that device, open the App Store and search for Tap Inspect. It should show a listing with an Update button.
Verify No Active ISN Integration
Having an active ISN integration does not prevent you from upgrading to the new app experience but any jobs scheduled with ISN will not import into the new experience. If you are not sure that you are using ISN this will probably not be an issue.
If you depend on ISN you can continue to use the legacy app experience as you have been. This feature will be built but it is not available quite yet.
- To verify if you have an active ISN integration follow these steps.
- Go to https://app.tapinspect.com/integrations
- If the ISN integration displays as Enabled you have an active integration.
- Tap Change Settings to open the Inspection Support Network Settings page.
- Tap Disable ISN at the bottom of the page if you are not using ISN to schedule or deliver jobs.
You can now move on to Step 2: Upgrade your account to the new app experience.