The Tap Inspect mobile app includes both the new, improved modern app experience and the legacy app experience you may be familiar with.
As a legacy app experience account, you can choose if you are ready to make the switch or if you would rather continue using the legacy experience for a little while longer.
About the Modern App Experience
We have completely rebuilt Tap Inspect from the ground up, and the new, modern app experience is packed with features you are going to love:
- High-resolution photos
- Modern web-based reports that look great on any size screen
- New Client Portal to deliver all your inspection results in one place
- Customizable comment types so that you can group your report summary by safety concerns, repairs needed, monitor, and whatever else you choose
- A new and modern interface
- New Team features, including co-inspecting, team shared templates, and shared calendars.
- Lots more!
Walkthrough of Modern Experience
Not sure what to expect? Take a quick walk-through tour before deciding to upgrade your account.
Limitations of the Modern App Experience
Before you decide, keep in mind there are a few limitations:
- You must run iOS 13 or higher on every device your team uses for the modern app experience. The legacy app experience still works on older devices, but the modern app experience will not operate on any device running less than iOS 13.
- Tap Inspect 6.0+ must be installed on all active devices using your account. Data could be lost if a device with the legacy version uses your account after you have upgraded to the modern experience.
- There is no ISN job import support in the modern app experience. It is planned, but it’s not quite ready yet.
- Autopilot is not fully integrated into the modern experience app quite yet. You can view autopilot agreement and payment status but must use your web account to schedule new jobs and manage Autopilot data.
- Once your team upgrades to the modern experience, there is no going back to the legacy version.
Need a little more time before you are ready to decide? No problem at all. Continue to use the legacy app experience just the way you always have. We aim to make this transition as effortless and seamless as possible for you.
Switching to the Modern App Experience
When you’re ready to take the plunge, it is as easy as a few simple steps, and we are here to help guide you.