Tap Inspect 6.0 is here and it contains both the new improved app experience and the legacy app experience you are familiar with.
You get to choose if you are ready to make the switch now or if you would rather continue using the legacy experience for a little while longer.
About the New App Experience
We have completely rebuilt Tap Inspect from the ground up, and the new app experience is packed with features you are going to love:
- High-resolution photos
- Modern web based reports that looks great on any size screen
- New Client Portal to deliver all your inspection results in one place
- Customizable comment types so that you can group your report summary by safety concerns, repairs needed, monitor, and whatever else you choose
- A new and modern interface
- New Team features including co-inspecting, shared templates, and shared calendars
- Lots more!
Walkthrough of New Experience
Not sure what to expect? Take a quick walk through tour before deciding to upgrading your account.
Limitation of New App Experience
Before you decide keep in mind there are a few limitations:
- You must be running iOS 13 or higher on every device used by your team to use the new app experience. The legacy app experience still works on the older devices but the new app experience will not operate on any device running less than iOS 13.
- Tap Inspect 6.0+ must be installed on all active devices using your account. If a device with the legacy version uses your account after you have upgraded to the new experience data could be lost.
- There is no ISN job import support in the new app experience. It will be available soon but it’s not quite ready yet.
- Autopilot is not fully integrated into the mobile app quite yet. You can view autopilot agreement and payment status but must use the web interface to schedule new jobs and manage Autopilot data.
- Once your team upgrades to the new experience there is no going back to the legacy version.
Need a little more time before you are ready to decide? No problem at all. Continue to use the legacy app experience just the way you always have. Our goal is to make this transition as effortless and seamless as possible for you.
Switching to the New App Experience
When you’re ready to take the plunge, it is as easy as a few simple steps and we are here to help guide you.